2016年3月20日日曜日

I enjoy EXPLORING ENGLISH in the "FutureLearn"

I have not written my journal nearly one month.
There are some reason. First I applied the FutureLearn  EXPLORING ENGLISH course on late Februaly.
It was so interesting and enjoyable. In the first week I’ve learned about global language. in second week I’ve learned British music. And from a learner’s comment I’ve known a TV show, the Voice UK.
It was awesome, and I couldn’t resist bing watching every day. In the third week I’ve learned about British perspective. Then learners communicate the countryside and climate their country.
I’ve posted this, 
“I live in Kyushu island, Japan. My house stands in a small village.There is no restaurant, no shopping mall, no hospital. You may say it’s inconvenient, yes, but I love the tranquility. About two hour’s drive takes me Aso volcano and meadow.
In spring I enjoy ume and cherry blossom. Before farmers plant young rice they fill water the paddies, the surface reflects blue sky, and frogs are noisy in the evening.
In autumn the leaves turn red and yellow.The bell crickets sing at night. In winter, though I don’t like coldness,the stars are brilliant in the night.
The climate is not gentle in summer and in winter. I complain about it. Anyway it makes me happy when spring and autumn come.”
To my surprise,26 people have liked it.
But at fourth week it is a little bit difficult,as the theme is British literature including Shakespeare.
I have read some juvenile literature in English. I love Michelle Magorian. And I recommend Thread trilogy written by Sophia Bennett.
I don't know much about Shakespeare's play. In my favorite novel & movie "Dead Poets Society", a boy played Puck in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". It was very impressive. 
The EXPLORING ENGLISH course is keep on. I must learn more about Shakespeare, and In fifth and sixth week I don’t know what I’m going to learn.
This course is very instructive,also it is stimulus to see about 200 comments to each theme from all around the world.
That’s one reason I have not written journal. Another reason is my iMac would not boot a week ago.After I turned on the power, it started to boot, but in the middle of booting it died. It occurred once last September. At that time I had it repaired. But this time I gave up. I’ve got a new Mac Book Pro the day before yesterday.
One more reason, last Sunday I took part in Ume festival as a rice ball stall salesperson. It had worked in Saturday night and Sunday. I chatted another salesperson about comics.So the woman rented me the “Glass Mask” vol.42 to vol.49. I had completely good time.
For I appreciate her, I lent her my favorite comic “Balzer in military boots”.
I have skipped writing English long time.I should write my journal regularly from now on.

一月近く日記を書かずにいた。
いくつか理由がある。一つは2月の終わり頃、フューチャーラーンのイクスプローリング イングリッシュを受講したことだ、
とても面白くて楽しめる。第1週は国際語について学んだ。第2週はイギリスの音楽について。受講者の一人が書いていたコメントからヴォイスユーケイというテレビ番組のことを知った。それがすごく面白くて見続けてしまった。第3週はイギリスの風土について。それから受講者どうしがそれぞれの国の気候や田舎について意見を交わした。私はこう投稿した。
「私は日本の九州に住んでいます。私のうちは小さな村にあります。そこにはレストランもショッピングモールも病院もありません。不便だというかもしれません、その通り、でもこの静けさが大好きです。2時間ほど車を走らせると阿蘇の火山と草原に行けます。
春には梅と桜が咲きます。農家が稲の苗を植える前に田んぼに水をはります。水面に青空が写ります。夕暮れにはカエルがにぎやかです。
秋には木の葉が赤や黄に変わります。夜コオロギが鳴きます。冬は、寒いのは苦手ですが、夜空の星が冴えます。夏と冬は気候はやさしくはありません。私は不満を言います。とはいえ、そのせいで春と秋が来た時うれしいです。」
驚いたことに26人からライクをもらった。
でも、第4週はちょっと難しかった。テーマがシェイクスピアを含むイギリスの文学だった。
児童文学ならいくつか英語で読んだ。ミッシェル・マゴリアンが特に好きだ。それにソフィア・ベネットのスレッド3部作はおすすめだ。
シェイクスピアの劇についてはあまり知らない。好きな小説かつ映画の「今を生きる』の中である少年が「真夏の夜の夢」でパックを演じた。それは深く心に残った。
イクスプローリングイングリッシュのコースはまだ続いている。まだ、シャイクスピアのところをやらなくちゃいけない。第5週と第6週はどんな内容かわからない。
このコースはとても役立つ。それに一つのテーマにつき200もの世界中の人たちからのコメントを読むのは刺激的だ。
これが日記を書けなかった理由のひとつ。もうひとつはアイマックが1週間前起動しなくなったこと。電源を入れて起動が始まったけれど途中で止まって消えてしまった。去年の9月にも同じことがあった。その時は修理したけれど、今回は諦めた。新しいマックブックプロがおととい届いた。
もうひとつの理由。先週の日曜、梅まつりにおにぎり屋で参加した。土曜日の夜と日曜日に働いた。もう一人の人と漫画について話した。彼女が「ガラスの仮面』を42巻から49巻まで貸してくれた。とことん堪能した。
お礼に、私のお気に入り『軍靴のバルツァー』を貸してあげた。
英語を書くことを長いあいだ怠った。これからは定期的に日記を書くようにしよう。


20 March 2016

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿