2015年4月11日土曜日

When I get older -?

     Our neighbor had an cherry blossom viewing party on 4 April.
     Unfortunately it had rained all the day and barely stopped before the party started.

   We had a guest family who had moved away last month.  There were  six young people, that made the older people so glad.
   We had a good time.

   We chatted about how refuse the life-prolonging treatment. Some of them were working at hospital. As a medical stuff, he or she should rescue as far as possible, one of them said. I agree, it was his duty.
   But if I got sick seriously and there would be no chance to recover, I would choose fade out without  a respirator or a intravenous drip injection.
    The other man said it was difficult whether you wanted or not the medical stuff tried to save my life.

   What can I do?  I don’t intend to donate organs except corneas. I have send my name to the list of marrow donation.
   I have not made my mind about the organ transplant. I don’t want to being given someone else’s organ. Because I feel it is not my life. Yet, I don’t know how I would feel in the other situation in the future. At this time I agree with transplantation of the cornea, blood transfusion and marrow transfusion.

   But I have to rethink. If I claim to offer my organs to someone, they won’t try me a life-prolonging treatment. They take my organs as soon as possible. It is a way to avoid the treatment.
   I have complex feeling. I don’t want to live the last term of my life in hospital. It is ideal way of die, while two weeks I will weaken and on last day sleep and never wake up.

  Before die, I may be dementia.
  On 10 April, two ladies and I went to Midori machi community center to read books.We read the books to let the citizen understand dementia.
  I read “I love you so much,Kiyo chan” by Fujikaawa Kounosuke. Kilo cyan is a grandma, it describes a grand son who’s grandma is dementia.
   Kiyo chan is healthy, but the family can’t care her no longer because she can’t achieve adequately. She moved to a care home.
I imagine this occur to me.
    I will forget the password of FileVault or others. How can I manage my files? Or I will forget how type the keyboard?
 Can I use iPad?  I might be unable to understand how to use microwave oven, it is already a little bit difficult for me.

 It is inevitable to get old. And it is certain that my life time is shorter than thirty years. I should do anything what I have been longed and write my will in case I can’t manage myself.

  4月4日自治会の班で花見をした。あいにく1日雨が降って、ようやく始まる前に止んだ。
先月引越した家族も参加してくれた。6人も若い子たちがいて年配の人たちを喜ばせた。楽しいひとときだった。

 延命治療をどう断るかしゃべった。何人かは病院関係者だ。その一人の方は、医療従事者としては可能な限り救命をしなくては、と言った。そうだろうなと思う。それがお仕事だし。
 でももし治る見込みがない状態になったら人工呼吸器や点滴をしないで亡くなるほうがいい。もう一人の人が、それは困難だ、いくらそうしたくても医療関係者は延命させるだろうと言った。

 どうしたらいいんだろう? 臓器の提供はするつもりはない。骨髄移植のドナー登録はしているけど。
 臓器移植についてはまだ考えがまとまらない。誰かからもらうのもだれかにあげるのも気が進まない。そうしたら私の命ではないような気がする。そうは言っても将来状況が変わったらどう思うかわからない。いまのところは角膜と献血と骨髄だけはあげられる。

 でも、考え直さなくては。もし臓器提供をするといっておけば、延命治療はされないだろう。できるだけすみやかに臓器を摘出するだろう。それもひとつの方法かな。
 複雑な気持ちだ。人生の最後のときを入院して終わりたくない。理想的な死に方は、2週間くらいで弱ってある日眠ってもう起きないというものだ。

 死ぬ前に、認知症になるかもしれない。
 4月10日、他の2人の人たちと緑町の公民館で本を読んだ。認知症について知ってもらうためだ。
 私は 藤川幸之助の『大好きだよキヨちゃん』を読んだ。この本にはおばあちゃんが認知症になった孫が描かれている。
 キヨちゃんは体は元気だ、でも社会的に適切なふるまいができないので家族はもう世話ができない。老人ホームへ移った。私もこうなるのか、と想像する。
 ファイル暗号化のパスワードを忘れ、その他も忘れる。ファイルはどうしたらいいんだろう? それともダイピングも忘れるのか?
iPadは使えるかな? オーブンレンジは使えないかもしれないな、いまでもちょっとむずかしいし。

 歳を取るのはさけられない。残りの寿命が30年以下なのはたしかだ。したかったことはしなきゃ、そして自分のことが自分でできなくなったときにこうしてほしい、ということを書いておかなくては。


 11 April  2015

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿