2009年4月7日火曜日

Why do you go to school?

On 4 Apr. my children and I went out for dinner to celebrate my third eldest son's entrance to high school.
All of them have many home works. My daughter and third eldest son finished them, but second eldest son has not finished. So I told him that he should do the home works before we would go out for dinner several times. My second eldest son was using computer, reading comics, and playing games on his PSP all day long. I said to him, because he hadn't finished his home works I would take my third eldest son and daughter. Then we left home.
On the way to the restaurant I became so perplexed. Though he had not finished the home works, he had not done nothing. I felt we wouldn't enjoy the dinner without him. When I was half on the way to the restaurant I decided to return to bring him with us.
Then we enjoyed the dinner. We ate Kamonabe enough.
I guess I was too anxious them whether they could achieve well at school. I thought why I let them go to school again. I've searched a TV program which is so valuable, NNN documentary "High school dropout". It was broadcasted on 9 Mar. It was a documentary program about the high school dropout. Mr. Aoto who worked at a high school in Saitama Prefecture until last month was studying about the relationship between dropout and poverty. He went to see the students who had dropped out high school. In the TV program a mother told about her family. She is a single mother of two sons who attend to high school. It is so hard for her to pay the school expenses. When she visited the municipal government, a public servant said to her that if it was hard to pay the school excursion fee she might not let her son participate. She says, if he had a child in the same situation would he say the same? Even if the child would not cry, the parent would cry. I couldn't help dropping tears in compassion.
In the program I saw some high school students who were working and going to school by themselves in Osaka. They thanked the Encouragement of School Attendance for it made them afford the school expenses. But recently the governor of Osaka Prefecture wants to decrease the Encouragement of School Attendance and Subsidies for private schools. Those students appealed they wants to go to high schools.
In the program there was a girl who had dropped out high school. She said when she had been a high school student she had been obsessed her father's violence. She couldn't go to school when her mother was injured or her younger sister was crying. Now her monthly income is about fifty thousand yen. She is looking for a job opening.
Mr. Aoto has investigated many cases of high school dropout. He told the students in his last lesson "You should study to become a person who is able to help each other." I noticed. I also wish to my children to become persons who are able to help and are able to be helped. It is the purpose of education.

4月4日、私と子どもは3番目の倅の高校入学祝いに夕食を食べに行きました。皆宿題がたくさんあります。娘と3番目の倅は済ませました。でも2番目の倅は終わっていません。それで私食べに行く前にすませなさいと何回か言いました。倅は1日パソコンを使ったり漫画を読んだりPSPでゲームをしたりしていました。私は、宿題が終わっていないから娘と3番目の倅を連れて行くと言いました。そして家を出ました。
店に行く途中気持ちが混乱してきました。宿題が終わってはいないけど、ひとつもやらなかったわけではありません。1人連れていかないとごはんがおいしくないだろうと思いました。店までの道の半分来たところで引き返して連れて行くことに決めました。 夕食は楽しかったです。鴨鍋をお腹いっぱい食べました。
学校でちゃんとできるかどうか気にしすぎたと思います。どうして学校に行かせているのかもう一度考えてみました。すごくいいテレビ番組を見つけました。NNNドキュメンタリー「高校中退」です。3月9日に放送されたものです。高校中退に関するドキュメンタリーです。青砥先生は埼玉県の航行で働いていて、高校中退と貧困の関係について調査しています。高校を中退した生徒たちに会って話を聞いています。その番組の中であるお母さんが自分のうちのことを話しました。彼女は2人の高校生の息子をもつシングルマザーです。学費を払うのはたいへんです。彼女が市役所にいったとき職員が彼女に言ったそうです。修学旅行の費用を払うのがたいへんなら行かせなければいいと。彼女は言います。もし彼に子どもがいて同じ立場だっとしてもそう言うでしょうか?子どもは泣かなくても親は泣きますよね、と。それは辛いと涙をこらえきれませんでした。
その番組では自分で働きながら学校に行っている大阪の高校生たちが出ました。彼らは通学援助金のおかげで学校に行けると感謝していました。でも、最近大阪府知事が通学援助金と私学助成金を減らそうとしています。生徒たちは学校に行きたい、と言っていました。
番組で高校を中退した女の子が出ました。彼女が高校生だった頃父親の家庭内暴力に悩まされたそうです。お母さんがけがをしたり妹が泣いていたりして学校へ行けなかった、と言いました。いま彼女の収入は月に5万円です。仕事を探しています。
青砥先生は高校中退のたくさんの事例を研究してきました。最後の授業の中で生徒達に「助け合える人になるために勉強するんだよ」と言いました。私は気づかされました。私も子ども達に人を助けることができ助けられることができる人になってもらいたいです。それが教育の目的です。

6 Apr. 2009

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿