2014年5月18日日曜日

I watched Talk Back Out Loud

  On 17 May, I went to Cinema 5bis in Oita city, to watch the movie, “Talk Back Out Loud”.

  I reached there forty minutes ahead of the movie starts, because I was not sure I would be able to park my car the nearest parking lot.
 Thanks to  getting there early, I was given a present from the theater a skin lotion.

  The movie, “Talk Back Out Loud” is a documentary, has been filmed in San Francisco over eight years.
  There is a doctor, he takes care of AIDS patients. He says, HIV is just an infectious disease. His patients have died of accidents, have died of suicide, have killed,have died of refusing medical treatment, not from HIV.
 He has thought depression and isolation are the matter.
 He consulted Rhodessa Jones. Once she succeeded the program for inmates in San Francisco jail. The inmates who prosecuted drag addiction, shoplifting, rubbing, etc. They began to talk about themselves. Most of them had been raped or abused before they have addicted drag.

 The HIV carriea women have been felt shame and lost their self-esteem. Through the program they talk about their lives each other, getting along with. They have various background, but they got sisterhood beyond race, class, ethnisity.
 Their performance is based their experiences. And shere that with the audience. This movie followed mainly eight women.
 I’m so touched. One of them, Sonia, she had been senior in college when she studied abroad in South Africa. She was raped there and got HIV. In one scene, in train she was reading a book,I found the book was “Push” written by Sapphire, the original piece of the movie “Precious”. The protagonist went through abuse and twice pregnant. She got excellent support from a teacher of special education and from self support group. The book encourages another victim.
  I was impressed.
  They accept their experiences. They say “We’re living with HIV”.

  I respect them. On the other hand, I can’t accept so many men rape women, worse part of them were young girls, aged eight or eleven or —.
  They should be confused and felt fear deeply. We teach children the phone number 110 in case of accident or criminal. 
 But some other phone number is needed. Anything feel fear and can’t tell her family, a child call for. Why we can’t help child being upset?
  After I watched the movie, I bought a novelty, a tote bag. The director Ms, Sakagami said, many people called them asking “Tote bag” by mistake. So they decided to make Talk Back tote bag.
 It’s funny. The sound is similar. It reminds me Anonymous daily called Masuda. Anyway I’m glad to get it. I’ll remember the women who survived with determination.

 Besides I was surprised. I’ve been living countryside. And I didn’t study geography earnestly. So when I hear “San Francisco”, I image California west coast.
   I’m fond of recent Beach Boys. I love to watch the live concert video clip. I love to see the band member also I love the audience. There are many person looks like in their 60’s, 70’s, 80’s maybe. They are dancing,shaking, or clapping so happily. They appreciate the band still singing, It’s amazing that the older they get, the cooler they are.
 I love Beach Boys’ harmony, and the sense of unity with audience.
 I’m not sure the world is beautiful, but when I watch the video I believe there are many people who want to believe the world is beautiful.

  I want to go to San Francisco some day to watch Talk Back Out Loud.

5月17日大分市のシネマ5bisに映画を見に行った。トークバックだ。
上映開始40分前に着いた。すぐ近くの駐車場に停められるかどうかわからなかったから。早く着いたおかげでプレゼントをもらえた。スキンローションだった。

映画「トークバック」はドキュメンタリーだ。サンフランシスコで8年以上かけて撮られた。
医者がいてエイズ患者を診ている。彼は言う。HIVは単なる感染症だ。彼の患者は事故で死んだ、自殺した、殺された、医療を拒否して死んだ、エイズでは死んでいない、と。
絶望と孤立が問題だと考えた。
ロデッサ・ジョーンズに相談した。彼女は以前サンフランシスコの刑務所の受刑者とのプログラムを成功させていた。受刑者は薬物依存や万引きや強盗などで収監されていた。彼女たちは自分自身について語り始めた。彼女たちの多くは薬物依存になる前にレイプや性的虐待を受けていた。
HIVに感染した女性たちは恥と思い自尊感情を失っていた。プログラムにつれて彼女たちは自分たちの人生をお互いに語り始め仲良くなっていく。生育歴はさまざまだが、友情は人種、階級、民族を超えていく。
 彼女たちの演劇は自分たちの経験をもとにしている。そして観客と分かち合う。映画は主に8人の女性を追って行く。
 とても胸を打たれた。そのうちの1人、ソニアは大学4年のとき南アフリカに留学しそこでレイプされHIVに感染した。あるシーンで電車内で本を読んでいる。その本はサファイアのプッシュだ。映画プレシャスの原作だ。主人公はレイプされ2度の妊娠を乗り越える。特別教育のすばらしい先生の手助けと自助グループの手助けを得る。その本が別な犠牲者を励ましている。
 じーんとした。
彼女たちは自分の経験を受け入れている。私たちはHIVと生きている、と言う。

 私は彼女たちを尊敬する。その一方でとてもたくさんの男性が女性をレイプしたことは受け入れられない、中には少女もいる、8歳とか11歳とかー。
 彼女たちは混乱しただろうしものすごく怖かっただろう。私たちは子どもに事故や犯罪があったときは110番に電話するよう教えている。でも、もうひとつ別な電話番号が要る。怖いことがあったり家族に言えなかったりしたとき子どもがかける電話番号。どうして混乱している子どもを救うことができないんだろうか?
 映画のあと、希少品のトートバッグを買った。坂上監督が言っていた。何人も「トートバッグ」って間違えて問い合わせてくるからトークバックのトートバッグを作っちゃえ、ということになったと。
 おもしろい。音が似ているからね。アノニマスダイアリーを増田というのを想い出した。ともあれ買えてうれしい。決然とサバイバルしていた女性たちを忘れるまい。

 もうひとつ驚いた。田舎者だし。あんまり熱心に地理を勉強しなかったせいか。サンフランシスコときくとカリフォルニアの西海岸を思い浮かべる。
 最近のビーチボーイズが好きだ。ライブのビデオを見るのが好きだ。メンバーと観客を見るのが。60代、70代、80代に見える人がたくさんいる。楽しそうに踊ったりゆれたり手を叩いたりしている。かれらが歌い続けてくれていることに感謝している。歳をとればとるほどかっこよくなっているのは驚くべきことだ。
 ビーチボーイズのハーモニーが好きだ、それに観客との一体感も。
世界が美しいかどうか信じられないが、世界が美しいと信じたいと思っている人がこんなにたくさんいることは信じられる。

 いつかサンフランシスコにトークバックを見に行きたいなあ。

 18 May 2014

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿