2015年9月19日土曜日

At UBC Anthropology museum

 I got on the city bus to go to the University of British Columbia.

In the morning,I went to  Seven11 with my host mother. She advised me to buy the 10-ticket for 2 zones because I should commute to downtown every day.
She took me to the EF school and showed me how to get to the Central Library.
After she left, I went to the Central Library. I asked the person at the reference desk how to access the internet.
He made me a visitor's library card and taught me the ID and PIN code to join the WiFi or use the computers.
Then I went to JTB Vancouver office in the basement of Fairmont hotel. It was closed on Sunday.

Then I got on a city bus to go to the University of British Columbia. On the way,as I was looking a map in my guide book, an elderly man asked me where I was to go. I told him I was going to UBC. He said I was on the wrong bus, I thanked him and changed to the right bus.
I was surprised to see the bicycles being held in front of the bus.
At the UBC,I was confused because it was very huge. I visited the Museum of Human Beauty Biodiversity and got a campus map. Then visited the Museum of Anthropology and Nitobe Memorial Garden.
I went back to the bus stop in front of the entrance. There were three bus stops. I read the third bus stop's sign. It showed the N17 bus goes to downtown. Thereby I was waiting with holding my guide book. A young man asked me "Are you OK? You are Japanese, aren't you?" I told him I was waiting for the bus going to downtown. He said, "Ok,Let's check. The N17 bus goes to downtown, but you can get a bus also goes to downtown at the first bus stop." I asked him,"Earlier?"  "Earlier!"
I said to him, "Thank you."  I have learned when I was holding a guide book with frowning, some charitable people gave me a help.
I went back to the Granville Station, got on the millennium line. I went to further than needed. I wanted to use the Day pass more effectively. I went to King George station then returned to 22 nd Street station.

13 Sept. 2015

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿