2015年9月23日水曜日

Peace Arch Park

I went to the border of  between U.S. and Canada.
From 22nd street station I took a train and two buses to reach NB King George Blvd FS 8 Ave. It was the nearest bus stop to the Peace Arch Park. After I got off the bus, I walked along Highway 99. It was a little scary to walk along the highway.
For I had no idea how to reach the park, I dropped in a duty-free shop and asked  a clerk. He told me the park was just behind the shop.
The park was quiet, it was at the side of the ocean. I walked in the park, then crossed the road to enter the next park. There was a big white arch with a gate. The gate was open, with the words on it -"(MAY THESE GATES NEVER BE CLOSED"
After I took pictures I started to return to the bus stop.
But I was confused. I had come along the right side on the road, same direct with cars. If I would walk the same lane, the cars come toward to me. The opposing lane might be better. But to enter the opposing lane, I might enter the entrance checkpoint. I had a passport. That would be helpful, but I thought I might better avoid the checkpoint.
 I was wondering, at that time I saw a pickup truck and an elder man. I asked him how could I return to the NB King George Blvd 8 Ave. He kindly gave me a ride to there.
 He went through the path around the duty-free shop. I did not notice it. Through the path, the car entered the opposing lane.There was roundabout near the bus stop. If he did not help me, I could not get back to the bus stop safely.
I thanked him.After I waved him, I took a picture of his truck. It is the most important picture in Canada for me.

From the bus stop, I took two buses and a train from Bridgeport to Vancouver International Airport. I wanted to make sure where the shuttle bus station to the South terminal was.
From the airport, I went to Waterfront Station, then I understood I should get off at City Center to exchange to Expo line.The City Center station and the Granville station is 5 minutes walk. I made a plan for the day I go to Campbell River.

I went to Chinatown, there I found a good supermarket full of Chinese products. There was an Eat-in. I ate Chinese fried bread and bought cookies and so on.
I wanted to go around more, but it was cold and raining. That why I went back home.

20 Sept. 2015

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿