2015年9月22日火曜日

Victoria in Vancouver Island

On 19 Sept. I took part in an activity of excursion to Victoria in Vancouver Island.
We should be at Canada Place at 7:00 am. It was raining in the morning. The two students who are staying at the same host family had signed up this activity. I followed those two girls to the meeting point.
 It took long time from downtown in Vancouver to Victoria. The bus went to Tsawwassen, got on the BC Ferry and arrived at Swartz Bay, went to the downtown of Victoria.
While we were sat in the bus, the guide person told us much of stories. Two of them I had remenberd.
First, the name of "Tsawwassen"  is come from first nation language, means "Toward sea".
Second, the British Columbia was demanded to belonged from both the U.S. and the Canada.
For U.S.A, because they had Alaska, if they got B.C. they make the route from South to North. For Canada, if they got B.C. they make the route from east coast to west coast.  The British Columbia chose to belong to Canada.
In Canada, the transcontinental rail road was a huge project. For the project many Chinese worker had come to Canada. They worked hard, and the project has finished before it had been anticipated.
But the government could not pay the workers they had promised. Instead of the payment, the government gave them an allowance to settle in Canada. That is the reason, there are many China town in Canada.

With hearing interesting story, the bus arrived at Victoria.
First, we visited the Fisherman`s Wharf. I saw seals, they were cute.  Then hung around Inner Harbor area. I enjoyed the Government street sight, then went to Emily Carr House. I had a good time, then went to Royal BC Museum.
To buy the ticket, the guide person asked me whether I want use cash or credit card. I offered to pay by credit card. The device she had was incredibly smart. She indicated to write down my signature on the device`s screen by my finger. It was a clumsy signature, but effective. I have not seen that system in Japan.

It took almost 90 minutes from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen. On the Ferry boat, I was anxious because my iPod touch`s battery was going to dead. I looked for some outlets. I found. There were two persons working at their PCs. One of them were connecting the outlet. He was kindly let me use that outlet. I charged about 5 minutes or more.
My iPod touch is very convenient, but I wish some advantaged invention, for example, rolling hundle to generate power.
Thanks to kind person, my iPod had revived.

19 Sept. 2015

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿