2008年12月21日日曜日

PTA general meeting

On May 11th I participated the PTA general meeting of
high school,which my second-born son goes to.
I watched the lesson ahead the meeting. My son' class
was English. There was a female teacher, and I felt as
if I had met her somewhere before. I had been watching
the class, finaly I remenbered who she was. She used to
teach English conversation at elementary school in
Oyama town. My son had been tought from her when he was
a elementary school student. I was surprized. I suppose
maybe she was also surprized when she met the students
in seven years, because they had become elder.
After watching the class I attended at the PTA general
meeting. The Plincipal said students were doing very well.
After general meeting I attended the second grade PTA meeting.
The head teacher in charge of second grade told us that
accoding to the survey the second grade students of this year
were less motivated than the students of last year and two years
ago. The pacentage of the students who don't know what to do,
and who felt that they will not profit from studing are more.
The teacher told us parents, please encourage them to study
four hours in a day at home, and comunucate with them what they
would do in the future.
I agree that students looks like less ambitious. I wonder it
refrects that the Japanese job market is tight for young people.
It getting worse influented by globalization.
I don't know how I could enpower my son.

 On May 16th there was a welcome party of our office. It's usually
held earlier in April but is was postponed this year. As a junior
high school teacher had been punished from drunken drive, the bord
of Education offered every Principal of public high school to
discourage the party with alcohol.
I had attended the junior high school PTA's welcome party which was
teetotal meeting. I don't care the party is with alcohol or without
alcohol. I wished to be friendly with all teachers and clerical staff.

May 16 2008

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿